Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Skewers on Ebony.com

               

Who doesn't like food on a stick?  It's usually easy to make, impressive on a platter, and can be enjoyed with no muss and no fuss!  Keeping this in mind, I decided to create an entire summer meal on a stick simply because there's no better time than the summer to keep it simple and light.

When I was developing my meal on a stick, had already made the Fresh Fruit Skewers for a catering gig, and everyone loved them so I thought they would be a nice, refreshing ending to a meal.  Then I remembered the Caprese Skewers I made one year at Christmas.  I got the idea from a Christmas cookbook, and I feel that the colors are just as festive in the summer as they are during the holidays.

Then, the idea for the shrimp and pineapple skewers came when my Aunt Debbie made them recently for Mother's Day.  She used a Wegmans Honey Mustard Marinade which was delicious but I decided to create my own that involved some heat.  I added chipotle in adobo and lime to honey and mustard, and the result was a delicious sauce that I think it would go great on salmon and sandwiches too!

So now that you have the whole story behind my series of "Summer Skewers" please hop on over to Ebony.com to view the recipes!


The recipes were posted along with the colorful pictures of the platters that you see above, but I show you how to make the Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers below!


The sauce is honey, dijon mustard, course ground mustard, chipotle peppers, and lime!

Mix the shrimp and pineapple with the chipotle honey mustard. Let marinate for a bit.

Get them ready for the grill!

After 5-10 mins on the grill you're finished! Who wouldn't want to devour these at a cookout?

No comments:

Post a Comment