Friday, May 18, 2012

Blackened Shrimp & Grits on Ebony.com

I have been so lucky to have 5 of my recipes posted to Ebony.com!  
The latest one is a recipe for Blackened Shrimp & Grits!


If you follow the blog, you know that I had huge success Easter Sunday making Leigh's Shrimp & Grits.  My family loved it but when I posted the pictures and recipe, I was getting constant kudos from friends and followers, proving that shrimp and grits REALLY is a hot dish right now!

Therefore when I was sent McCormick Grill Mate Packets from Ebony, to incorporate into a dish, I still had shrimp and grits on the brain and BAM my Blackened Shrimp & Grits were born!

You can read more about my inspiration for the dish on Ebony.com but I strongly suggest you make this. It really gave a whole other dimension to a plate that was, what I thought, already perfect.

Click HERE to view the recipe on Ebony.com and scroll below for pictures of the process!


Here's how it can be served family style!

I poured the gravy on top of the creamy grits, added a nice pile of shrimp and the result was this gorgeous plate!

After the shrimp were cooked, I began the gravy...


I pan fried the shrimp, it took me a couple batches, but the cast iron skillet REALLY made a difference in the flavor and color!

I took the time to make sure every shrimp was coated with the rub.

It all began with these. The Smokin' Texas BBQ works best in this dish. (It did try both)

No comments:

Post a Comment